00523: Re: Epistemological Revolution (Chris et Al)

From: "John Baker" <bakerjohnj(at)hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 09:38:28 -0500
Subject: Re: Epistemological Revolution (Chris et Al)

Mirek, I believe our thinking patterns are dictated by our politics. The
struggle for power turns us from cooperative beings into confrontational
ones. The solution is to fix the system so as to guaranatee everyone is
equal. This is the beauty of global DD that I think eludes most people, even
here.

Of course, there is no guarantee outside of our faith in the theory.
However, it seems to me that demonstarting any lack of faith makes the
argument weaker and thus weakens its potential. So the question is clearly a
faith based argument as well as a scientific argument.

In other words, the only way to test the theory is to make it happen. The
only way to make it happen is to have faith in it. The less faith we show in
humanity the weaker the argument or DD is.

If this is in fact a place where people will debate the value or timing of
DD then I believe you should change the name to something else besides WDDM.
Perhaps
World-Wide-Maybe-Someday-If-The-World-Is-Ready-For-Direct-Democracy-Movement
?