00518: WDDM future

From: "M. Kolar" <wddm(at)mkolar.org>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 07:19:30 -0700
Subject: WDDM future

Hello everybody,
It seems that there is time to try something new here in the WDDM because the
experiment in self-organizing that I have started in April clearly failed.

WDDM Wiki is apparently not used much and disliked by many. We are making steps
to have a standard bulletin Board as an addition or replacement to Wiki.

More importantly, we need finally some basic structure, and a decision making
mechanism (not to make decisions for all the people in the world, but only for
us internally, how to do our yet to be defined business, and how to define that
business).

To move things to the next stage, I want to poll all the members on their
opinions on this. I prepared a first draft of the poll questions at this page:
http://www.world-wide-democracy.net/Wiki/HowToProceedPoll
(and I will copy it at the end of this message).
In the first stage I invite everybody to comment and help to make the final
meaningful list of the questions. Then after Dec. 25, we'll proceed with
answering these questions.

I propose that those members who would not participate at all in this poll,
lose the status of active members, and would be perhaps listed only as
supporters/sympathizers. Otherwise nobody would be forced to answer all the
questions, the keep the active member status, it would be enough to answer at
least some of them (one or more?).

Discussion of the wording of the poll questions will be closed on Dec. 25, and
after that the questions will be submitted to all the members.
They will have another week (10 days, 2 weeks???) to answer them.

Proposed questions:

1. Why have you become a WDDM member?
2. What should WDDM try to achieve?
3. Does WDDM need a decision making mechanism (voting)?
4. Is there any point to wait any longer that any spontaneous progress
(self-organization) will be made on issues that were moved to
http://www.world-wide-democracy.net/Wiki/AdjournedHistoricalTopics section?
5. Should instead a small group of active WDDM members formulate all the
basic documents (Mission. Goals, Rules, Voting procedures)?
6. Do you want to be a part of the group?
7. Should the WDDM mailing list be fully moderated (any postings would have
to be approved by one or two moderators to avoid tons of junk mail)?

1. Do you need interactive dynamical site?
2. Do you like/dislike WDDM Wiki?
3. How complicated is this Wiki to use?
4. Have you tried to read
http://www.world-wide-democracy.net/Wiki/GettingStarted?
5. Should Wiki be replaced or supplemented by something else interactive? What?