00514: Re: Epistemological Revolution (Chris et Al)

From: "M. Kolar" <wddm(at)mkolar.org>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 05:16:49 -0700
Subject: Re: Epistemological Revolution (Chris et Al)

Once a global DD constitution is established I believe NMT will take
care of itself.

John I am not so sure it would be so simple. How can one establish (and have
respected and observed) a DD constitution without a new way of thinking? Both
will most probably have to be done gradually, simultaneously.
Our experience from this WDDM forum only proves that. We are supposed to be
a group of DD advocates, but we have not managed in the past 7-8 months, since
we started this latest experiment in trying to establish a meaningful WDDM, to
make any tangible progress in self-organizing ourselves.
Mirek

John Baker wrote (Dec. 6):

Yes but..

I thought this was a DD advocacy forum. Discussing NMT as a prerequisite
for DD seems off-topic to me. Personally, I believe the majority can be
trusted more than a minority. This means I am more afraid of anything
less than a democractic decision.

I do not know what the best decision is for the whole, therefore I ask
each individual for their honest opinion. The only way to do that is via
a democratic vote. Therefore, I support DD, unequivacably. I ave no
doubt that DD is better for everyone as a whole for this reason and
therefore I am not concerned about NMT.

Once a global DD constitution is established I believe NMT will take
care of itself.

Respectfully,
JB