00506: Re: For administration purposes only ? (Mirek)

From: Georges Metanomski <zgmet(at)wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 18:30:10 +0100
Subject: Re: For administration purposes only ? (Mirek)

G:
That sounds better, actually much better, so I'll endeavor
to answer correspondingly. Don't apologize for a reasonable
interrogation.
John Baker wrote:

From what I understood, your shadow parliament would be a transitional
political organization that would affect progress toward DD.
G:
Depends on what you call "political organization". I don't
like the term as it invokes some particratic established
body, such as a Party. I once said that creating a DD
Party would be like "fucking for virginity" and I stick
to it.

I see the "shadow parliament" as a DD Forum supported by
informatic logistic such as described in the "Democracy"
Workshop in
http://members.fortunecity.com/georges/workshops/democracy/postulates/3_function_forum.html
SINCERITY

A Forum preferably not recognized and established, but
existing by the fact of having enough members accepting
Forum's DD principles, defined by the Forum itself, and
strong enough to impose its decisions on the particracy.

Besides the logistic support, it has to be motivated by
SINCERITY as defined in "Transition".

The term "Shadow Parliament" I borrowed from the British
House of Commons where the opposition has its full blown
"Shadow Government".

I came across several of such "Shadow Parliaments", as I
said surprisingly efficient in practice, without talking
about life experience with Israeli Kibbuzim where they are
Parliaments without having to be "Shadow".
JB:
This
organization however would not be publicized as a DD advocate. Thus it would
be 'in the shadows'. If so, we wouldn't know that this was their intent and
may actually hinder their progress by forming a competing organization. If I
G:
Shadow Parliaments were "in the shadows" only by not being
established. They were not only publicized as DD Forums,
but in that quality exerted sufficient power to force the
establishment to comply with their desiderata.

Georges.