00448: Re: [epistemology] Science and masturbation

From: Antonio Rossin <rossin(at)tin.it>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 08:55:37 +0100
Subject: Re: [epistemology] Science and masturbation

At 17:50 +0100 22-11-2005, Georges Metanomski wrote:
>Antonio:
>I had been told that:
>
>[A]- "scientific" means "repeatable within practice", whilst
>
>[B]- "axiomatic" means "formulated into exclusively abstract
>or formal only principles that don't require demonstration":
>thus a matter of religious-like faith, rather than everyone's
>"scientific" (i.e., *repeatable*) practical experiencing.
>Well, you may tell the guy who told you that, that he is
>a silly ass.
>
>In [A] he confuses Science with masturbation which indeed
>is "repeatable within practice".
>
>In [B] he confuses Axiom with Dogma, at least as far as
>one may get from his astounding style: normal people
>may "piss into", but they do not "formulate into",
>and "into principles" less than anywhere else.
>
>You could tell him to read "Dogma and Axiom" in
><http://evans-experientialism.freewebspace.com/metanomskiindex.htm>
>but he does not seem to know how to read.
>
>It so happens that all, without exception, scientific theories
>are axiomatic, so that "axiomatic" is a necessary, although not
>sufficient condition for being "a scientific theory".
>
>You could ask him to show one scientific theory
>that is not axiomatic, but he will doubtless
>just start to masturbate.
>
>Georges

Georges,

I agree, that any theory is axiomatic at start.But it becomes
scientific as soon as it can be demonstrated, i.e., repeated
into practice. Otherwise it remains dogmatic nonsense even
if it had been uttered into formal only scientific language.

I remark, you didn't answer still to my initial questions, below,
which you requested earnestly, but you keep on repeating
self-referencing tautologies only. That is, wanting to affirm
the practical usefulness -- towards a NMT, maybe more
democratic, practice -- of whatyou theorizes, you want your
public to accept as "truth" all of what you states somewhere
else.  Which looks pretty conjuring trick.

For your convenience, I re-quote the original msg below.
Do not duck once again, please, if  you really wanted to
avoid useless repetitions.

Regards,  antonio

------------------- quoted original msg. ------------------------------

> WE LIVE CURRENTLY AMID THE EPISTEMOLOGICAL
> REVOLUTION.
(...)
> That's what Einstein meant saying:
>
> A NEW MANNER OF THINKING IS ESSENTIAL
> IF HUMANKIND IS TO SURVIVE
>
> Relativistic Dialectic (RD) presented in this study endeavors to
> explicate Einstein's NMT as the emancipated Applied Epistemology,
> as an autonomous Inferencing System extended over the whole
> human Universe of Discourse and applicable for formulating and
> processing of critical human and social issues.
>
> It's "Relativistic", because the NMT postulates relativity of
> human knowledge.
>
> It's "Dialectic" because Relativity implies necessarily a basic
> dialectic or polar structure of apparently opposed, but in fact
> complementary terms or poles.

Antonio:
It remains to be explained whether G.'s RD is meant to be

1. the whole (NMT) *To-Be-Applied-Epistemology*, or
2. a pole of a dialectic NMT polar structure encompassing RD.

With the 1. option, the term "Dialectic" sounds a bit ambiguous,
maybe abusive -- besides further absolute hegemony troubles.
G:
A scientific, thus axiomatic theory provides foundations
of such "sub_theories" as it may found. It cannot provide
its own foundations without getting circular, i.e.
meaningless. It's own foundations are its axioms which
it accepts as granted. They are founded in turn in some
founding "super-theory".

Thus, RD in its role of Applied Epistemology provides
foundations of its "sub-theory", the "Inferencing System",
the "Phenomenalistic Logic of RD" or the "Cognitive Network".

Its own foundations sees RD in its Axioms which can be
founded in turn only in the external "super-theory",

namely Ontology ("Foundations in Ontology").

Thus, Antonio's question cannot be answered internally

within RD without turning in idle, meaningless circularity.
It may be discussed only within its founding Ontology
("Foundations in Ontology").

Georges.

Georges, I supposed it could be answered internally to this
discussion list into plain language without making recourse
to any meaningless circularity or self-referential tautology.

Anyway, please answer it out from where you like it better.

Regards,
antonio
P.S.
A further question.
I wonder why you equal the terms "scientific" and "axiomatic".
So late, I had been told that:

- "scientific" means "repeatable within practice", whilst

- "axiomatic" means "formulated into exclusively abstract
or formal only principles that don't require demonstration":
thus a matter of religious-like faith, rather than everyone's
"scientific" (i.e., *repeatable*) practical experiencing.

Maybe, your wanted EPISTEMOLOGICAL REVOLUTION
could begin here...
endquote