00447: Re: [epistemology] Meaningless circularities (Georges)

From: Antonio Rossin <rossin(at)tin.it>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 15:44:10 +0100
Subject: Re: [epistemology] Meaningless circularities (Georges)

At 14:16 +0100 22-11-2005, Georges Metanomski wrote:

> WE LIVE CURRENTLY AMID THE EPISTEMOLOGICAL
> REVOLUTION.
(...)
> That's what Einstein meant saying:
>
> A NEW MANNER OF THINKING IS ESSENTIAL
> IF HUMANKIND IS TO SURVIVE
>
> Relativistic Dialectic (RD) presented in this study endeavors to
> explicate Einstein's NMT as the emancipated Applied Epistemology,
> as an autonomous Inferencing System extended over the whole
> human Universe of Discourse and applicable for formulating and
> processing of critical human and social issues.
>
> It's "Relativistic", because the NMT postulates relativity of
> human knowledge.
>
> It's "Dialectic" because Relativity implies necessarily a basic
> dialectic or polar structure of apparently opposed, but in fact
> complementary terms or poles.

Antonio:
It remains to be explained whether G.'s RD is meant to be

1. the whole (NMT) *To-Be-Applied-Epistemology*, or
2. a pole of a dialectic NMT polar structure encompassing RD.

With the 1. option, the term "Dialectic" sounds a bit ambiguous,
maybe abusive -- besides further absolute hegemony troubles.
G:
A scientific, thus axiomatic theory provides foundations
of such "sub_theories" as it may found. It cannot provide
its own foundations without getting circular, i.e.
meaningless. It's own foundations are its axioms which
it accepts as granted. They are founded in turn in some
founding "super-theory".

Thus, RD in its role of Applied Epistemology provides
foundations of its "sub-theory", the "Inferencing System",
the "Phenomenalistic Logic of RD" or the "Cognitive Network".

Its own foundations sees RD in its Axioms which can be
founded in turn only in the external "super-theory",
namely Ontology ("Foundations in Ontology").

Thus, Antonio's question cannot be answered internally
within RD without turning in idle, meaningless circularity.
It may be discussed only within its founding Ontology

("Foundations in Ontology").

Georges.

Georges, I supposed it could be answered internally to this
discussion list into plain language without making recourse
to any meaningless circularity or self-referential tautology.

Anyway, please answer it out from where you like it better.

Regards,

antonio
P.S.
A further question.
I wonder why you equal the terms "scientific" and "axiomatic".
So late, I had been told that:

- "scientific" means "repeatable within practice", whilst

- "axiomatic" means "formulated into exclusively abstract
or formal only principles that don't require demonstration":
thus a matter of religious-like faith, rather than everyone's
"scientific" (i.e., *repeatable*) practical experiencing.

Maybe, your wanted EPISTEMOLOGICAL REVOLUTION
could begin here...