00442: Re: [Fwd to Mirek: Message sent from WDDM Wiki]

From: "John Baker" <bakerjohnj(at)hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 10:48:39 -0500
Subject: Re: [Fwd to Mirek: Message sent from WDDM Wiki]

Kudos!

----- Original Message -----
From: "WDDM webmaster" <wbm@world-wide-democracy.net>
To: <wddm@world-wide-democracy.net>
Cc: "Filia den Hollander" <fkdh(at)xs4all.nl>
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 6:00 AM

CONGRATULATIONS to Filia!!!!!!

---------------------------- Original
Message ----------------------------
Subject: Message sent from WDDM Wiki
From: Marie-Helene Caillol
Date: Thu, November 10, 2005 14:43
To: Filia den Hollander

Dear Filia,

I have the pleasure to inform you that your project "Everyone's a
Citizen,
baby" is part of the 18 nominees to the Newropeans Grands Prix 2005
(http://www.newropeans.org/en/on-going/GrandsPrix2005/index.htm).

This selection is the result of a consultation which took place between
June 1st and September 30th on the Internet of the 50,000 readers of our
various publications (newsletters, headlines, press reviews of the
Newropeans network, and Newropeans Magazine and Europe 2020 partners)
and
enabled to identify organisations, people or projects contributing in
one
way or another to make Europe live for its citizens. Allow me to
congratulate you for appearing on this list !

A Grand Jury made up of 1,000 European citizens is electing by internet
from November 4th to 20th the 7 big winners in the framework of the
online
election technically conducted by the pionneers of e-democracy in Europe
:
election-europe.com.

And on November 26th in Amsterdam at the beautiful premisses of the
Felix
Meritis Foundation, will be held the Ceremony during which shall be
revealed the results of the election and attributed this years's 7
Grands
Prix (http://www.newropeans.org/fr/encours/GrandsPrix2005/gala.htm). The
European and local media will be invited to the evening which is planned
to be hosted by the famous Dutch TV presentator: Ms Chazia Morali.

Like for the two previous editions, this Ceremony provides the
opportunity
for each nominee to present his/her European project/organisation/idea
in
front of an audience of 200 European citizens.
In this perspective, each nominee is granted 3 minutes which he/she can
use in different ways : direct speech, telephone interview, projection,
projection, happening, sketch...
Each nominee can also distribute to the participants books, magazines,
DVDs or any type of material that he/she will consider useful to his/her
communication.
The physical presence of the nominee or of a respresentative is
preferable, but in case of complete incapacity to join, a phone
communication or some audio-visual recording will be welcome.

Newropeans is based on volunteering (Virginie Riva, Bart Kruitwagen in
the
Netherlands, myself... we all organise this event as volunteers), the
Grands Prix are a 100% citizen-based European event and have no budget
for
the travels and accomodations of anyone (even we will cover our expenses
to participate in the Ceremony). We think this pure-citizen feature and
this independence make all the interest of the operation and I am sure
you
will agree upon that.

I hope to have the pleasure receiving from you a confirmation very soon
of
your participation to the November 26th Ceremony, with as many details
as
possible on the modalities of this participation.

I remain at your entire disposition.
Kindest regards.

Marie-Helene Caillol
00 33 6 03 33 29 84