00424: Unmuddling the muddle

From: Georges Metanomski <zgmet(at)wanadoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 19:19:46 +0200
Subject: Unmuddling the muddle

Antonio muddled the simple issue of our village DD Forum
by confusing it with the "workshop" list.

Our village DD Forum consists currently of 27 youngsters
from fishermen, peasants and craftsmen families of the
region. It is IMO the only real DD activity outside of
Israeli Kibuzim. It has initiated, discussed and agreed
upon several issues, counting some regional and even
national level achievements.

Locally it obliged regional administration to stop
polluting the soil with chemical herbicides.

Nationally, it started the debate on windmills, which
extended itself over several associations and influenced
the parliament's vote which severely restricted the
monster.

A recent topic is the DD itself, documented in
http://members.fortunecity.com/georges/workshops/democracy/index.html

We call it Democracy Workshop, because its main objective
is active self-education but it has nothing to do with
the "workshop" list.

Georges.