00295: Re: France rejects sh...

From: Giorgio Menon <menon(at)pd.infn.it>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 18:00:24 +0200
Subject: Re: France rejects sh...

jllortega(at)andorra.ad wrote:

Giorgio

You can of course put in my mouth whatever you wish. However, that won't
make it to have anything to do with what I actually said. I didn't say the
USA were our enemies etc...

Hi Josep,
ok, i did not write "enemy" (this was my original intention) but just
plain enemy. Sorry for the mistake. But your sentence:
"The USA among others will be happy without the possibility of a strong
European Union that could provide some counterbalance to its undisputed
ruling of the world. " leaves no room to misinterpretations. The USA are
ruling the world now, and a strong EU would diminish their power, stop
it maybe.
If this is good on the one hand, it can be dangerous on the other. Let's
admit it: companies profits makes politician move faster than light.
Democracy hasn't got the same privileges.
Then you wrote:
"By European and World federalism I understand the attitude to transfer
some level of sovereignty upwards to more global parliaments and
governmental bodies in interest of all people across countries."
I suspect that World Federalism is just another way to exploit the
common people while offering them a few mirages. But, of course, i'm
cynical.
Small societies work better, are more flexible and easily adapt to new
necessities. Big societies necessarily beget tons of parasites and
bureucrats (what's the difference, by the way?). The human history
counts numerous empires (all gone) and many local cultures who are in a
very good shape if survived.

In any case you haven't offered me any counterargument, just a complaint
about my blatant and conscious misinterpetation.

Best regards

Giorgio