00289: Re: France rejects sh...

From: Giorgio Menon <menon(at)pd.infn.it>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 13:54:05 +0200
Subject: Re: France rejects sh...

jllortega(at)andorra.ad wrote:

I suppose the result of the referendum in France is open to all sort of
interpretations, and there will be certainly no lack of them around in the
next days. However, one thing seems sure to me, nationalists has won
against European and World Federalist as myself. By nationalism I
understand the attitude to preserve all kind of decision power within the
nation state in the interest first of all of its inhabitants. By European
and World federalism I understand the attitude to transfer some level of
sovereignty upwards to more global parliaments and governmental bodies in
interest of all people across countries.

The USA among others will be happy without the possibility of a strong
European Union that could provide some counterbalance to its undisputed
ruling of the world.

Hi Josep,
i understand from your message that it would be great if we Europeans
had the same power as Americans have. So we could have a "fair" fight
with our enemies. And maybe, the same day of their defeat, we could
invade Quwait and Saudi Arabia. This is the way we westeners love to
spread our concept of "democracy", no matter where it comes from. Of
course it would greatly help us the foundation of an European Army
(already thought) who could decide who's the right to do what. We could
also establish a Guantanamo-type of camp for terrorists somewhere in the
far eastern Europe. Or in a cold Scottish island maybe.
Does it really matter to the exploited where the exploiters come from?

By the way, I find the expression shit as applied to the proposal of
constitution completely inappropriate. There has been talk about
masturbation and shit. I wonder what this language adds except to
propitiate quarrel instead of discussion.

Josep Ll. Ortega

This is the only sensible note of this message.
IMHO of course....

Best regards

Giorgio