00272: News

From: <WDDM webmaster>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 19:23:06 -0600
Subject: News

Hi everybody!

1. We have a new member, see http://www.world-wide-democracy.net/Wiki/PrasAnand
Welcome Pras!

2. I spent some time on Wiki maintenance and upgrade:

- All changes on the Wiki are now being tracked, click on Recent on the top
menu, then click on the 5 links to check separately on various recent additions
(I may try to merge them together at a later time).

- I removed the Internal Message (E-mail) system, as nobody was using it, and
it looks like it's impractical for us.

- Instead I created two new "actions": {{EmailAll}} and {{EmailMe}}. They use
your hidden e-mail addresses that you supplied for your WDDM registration. The
first one is placed on
http://www.world-wide-democracy.net/Wiki/ExternalMemberEmail,
and has a drop-down menu with all the registered users. A link to this page is
on the Wiki Root page.
The second (EmailMe) is sending e-mail to the owner of the page on which it
is placed. I put it on all the home pages.

- I hopefully made consistent all the pages and mailing list messages
relevant to accepting new members.

- I've actually deleted/streamlined a few "prattle" pages. I am leaving the
rest unchanged for a while. Let us see what will happen.

- If there are still some inconsistencies somewhere on the site, please, let
me know.