00257: Re: lozenge (do suck them

From: "Bernard Clayson" <bernard-clayson(at)shuartfarm.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 20:59:21 +0100
Subject: Re: lozenge (do suck them

Georges wrote:
We talk about different things.

1.Our Forums ARE people, or simulate large collectivities with smaller ones,
which for the moment seems the only practical thing.

2.Our Forums chose their themes, which may be, but not are necessarily
protests. Researching peace in ME, learning about and opting for truly
ecological energy or agriculture is not protest, at least not just negative
protest, but search of positive, constructive options.

3.At least in two places we had country and world level impact:

3.1.Haifa Workshop contributed to "I Do Care" and via it to the current
Peace Movement encompassing large Israel's majority and having a world level
impact,

3.2.French Parliament used our Forum's largely WEB published study and
arguments to vote against Brussell's pressure drastic restrictions of the
windmill fraud.

That's IMO a little bit more than WDDM masturbation "projects".

Georges.

(BC) We are talking about the same thing, protest/pressure group/forum aim
to influence whoever/whatever.
I do not dispute that they can have effect, or that they include people, the
point I was making is that none of them give the general public the option
of saying they approve, or disapprove.
As they are inclusive of themselves, and exclusive of everyone else, they
are by definition another manifestation of representative democracy.

Regarding -
1.Our Forums ARE people, or simulate large collectivities with smaller ones,
which for the moment seems the only practical thing.<end quote>

The 'practical thing' is to go and ask all the people in an area, you may
then get a more balanced result.
There will be dead-ends in both procedures and results, but no one will
learn by not doing it.

Regards
Bernard