00190: Re: Glossary, Internet

From: "M. Kolar" <wddm(at)mkolar.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:27:14 -0600
Subject: Re: Glossary, Internet

Antonio:
To fill-in to this gap, at least partially, it seems to me that a little
handbook with a glossary and the very basic know-how to use
the Internet, wiki and the new resources would be the case, for
the DD people.

I think everything has already been written up in great detail for example
in Wikipedia, there is no need to repeat it.
I put a link (HELP Pages for WDDM Members) on our Wiki home page in really
BIG LETTERS to this resources. Check it out.
It is at: http://www.world-wide-democracy.net/Wiki/GettingStarted
(Read at the top right column on this page)

Josep:
We must now proceed to work, but I believe there are members
not registered at the wiki, and so not able to use neither it nor the
new resources. Is there any particular reason for that?

I'ts their choice. Maybe still too intimidated?
I'll wait a few more days, and then make the registration for the
remaining people and create a simple home page for them.

Antonio:
But I wonder whether the Internet technology has to be the only
way to process Democracy. Of course the Internet connection
is mandatory for infos sharing, cooperative efforts organizing etc.

Of course, it has not and IT IS not the only way.
But it has some big advantages, and so why not to use them, it is really not
so diffucult, to learn the basics. Just take your time.
It can be misused as any other information technology, whether it happens
depends only on the people, on the state of the society.