00175: Re(1): invitation to join WDDM ... please, confirm policy

From: lpc1998 <lpc1998(at)lpc1998.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 19:21:02 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re(1): invitation to join WDDM ... please, confirm policy

My view is that the 5-day period should commence on the day when Leopoldo submitted the membership application for Juan, and not from the day when Juan's persoal application is received.

To me, this is the meaning of conditional acceptance of Juan's application submitted by Leopoldo. This is because the process of deliberating on Juan's membership began on the day the application submitted by Leopoldo is received.

Best Regards
Eric

"M. Kolar" <wddm(at)mkolar.org> wrote:
Leopoldo,
no single member has an authority to reject a membership application. At
least 4 people (20%) have to reject an application. (However, Bruce letter
was not a rejection, he just said that he was sorry Juan was away and
unable for now to send in an application personally. Bruce has accepted Juan
conditionally in this Mailing List.)
Therefore, Juan's personal application came in today. Let's wait for another
5 days, whether some more comments will arrive on his application. However,
many members have already accepted him on condition he applies in person,
which he has just done.
Mirek