00171: Re: Proposed Amendments to COR

From: "M. Kolar" <wddm(at)mkolar.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 14:46:00 -0600
Subject: Re: Proposed Amendments to COR

Eric,
Yes, there was a typo in the COR. I corrected it. Thanks for careful
reading.
And thanks for your proposals. I copied them to a page in Wiki.
I think, they are useful. The Associated Membership would actually also
included Filia's suggestions about conditional membership.
I have also put together all the proposals on COR so far received. They are
at http://www.world-wide-democracy.net/Wiki/ProposedRulesSummary
Anybody can add comments on this page, even without Wiki registration.
Please, move yoru further diceussion there.

The rules are somehow growing after all. But I think this is a useful
exercise. We can devise model rules that coudl serve as an example for any
democratic deliberative organization. And this process shows that more
people together have always more wisdom than just one person, however bright
she might be.

Mirek

lpc1998 writes:
However, we are on the right track. Let us keep the Current Operating Rules.

There is an obvious error in Rule 4. It should read "... until a consensus corresponding to either 2. or 3. (not 3. or 4.) is