00131: Re: Conclusions (Mirek)

From: Bruce Eggum <bruce.eggum(at)gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 02:32:04 -0500
Subject: Re: Conclusions (Mirek)

I am concerned that what WDDM intends to do, and what Georges intends
to do are vastly different. First we need to clearly decide what WDDM
intends to do. If WDDM is going to educate and inform the people of
the benefits of dd and I&R&R than much of the information for that is
established. The goal could even be to establish I&R&R DD centers in
various nations, states, communities based on what we know of the
proper procedures necessary to implement DD I&R&R. But, WDDM does not
make policy, law for any nation country. WDDM is simply an information
tool.

To "need" a program such as Georges is suggesting is overkill. I
believe some people will be served by Georges program, perhaps in
communities and States. However I and perhaps many others do not
choose to use a severely intellectual program to make decisions for
me. Geroges already concedes that people with less education do better
with his program. Perhaps by "educating" those people, he actually
handicaps their decision making skills.

For the decisions we need to make in the running of the WDDM
organization, basic tools are quite suitable. We need to agree on an
election policy procedure, to determine consensus. We need basic rules
of discussion, following ethical guidelines., we need to enforce these
guidelines with moderator(s).

WDDM is only deciding simple things for WDDM. When it comes to any
kind of Constitution, Political decision, these decisions are only
made by the Nations, States, Communities themselves. WDDM can suggest
DD I&R&R methods, but it is entirely the people who will implement
these items.

I suggest we continue as we are, it will take a bit for all to get
used to the tools available. Wiki is a great tool, it is not THE tool.
There is also room for the bulletin board, which is another tool.
Regards, Bruce

On 4/19/05, M. Kolar <wddm(at)mkolar.org> wrote:
Georges,
your conclusions are premature:
1. I think any file repository on the Internet (e.g., in Yahoo groups,
various fora) does not resolve relative links.
2. In the second half of my previous message, I have actually provided you
exactly the solution you requried. Just click on this link
http://www.world-wide-democracy.net/uploads/GeMetanoski/test_a.html
and you see that your relative links work there. I even suggested that you can
build in this way a whole mini web-site just using the FileUpload menu on your
Wiki page (using as a means to upload files, not to browse them). It's written
up here: http://www.world-wide-democracy.net/Wiki/FileUploadHelp

Here is a concrete proposal: no matter how busy I may be I
am ready to coach you in ES and to program or to help you
program an ES on some physical or virtual server.
I am busy too. Do you have a short sample of such a code, a very simple
example so I could get a better idea what you are talking about?

Anyway, for the purposes of WDDM right now we do not need anything complicated.
I think we need first to decide on soma common projects, and only then to look
for more technical means.

Support the Troops, Not the WAR-RING
"In sharing, in loving all and everything, one people naturally found a due portion of the thing they sought,
while in fearing, the other found need of conquest."

Bruce Eggum, Gresham Wisconsin, USA
http://doinggovernment.com/
Check out my Blog too
http://doinggovernment.blogspot.com/