00126: Re: WDDM future

From: "Ted Becker" <becketl(at)auburn.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:40:21 -0500
Subject: Re: WDDM future

For starters, Participatory Budgeting (many projects now going in Latin
America...started in Porto Alegre), The British Columbia Citizens
Assembly (which needs to be widely emulated), and an international
economic boycott movement that is in a developmental stage. I also
think that the IRI Europe is doing good public education and that Mehr
Demokratie has been and remains a political leader in this field. I
was pleasantly surprised that they included Peter Dienel, the father of
the Planning Cells--a very direct democratic method of city planning--in
a recent conference in Berlin, thus bringing together the direct
democracy movement and the deliberative democracy movement...a too rare
occurrence. As for the Netherlands, well, I hope the referendum
movement there is not satisfied with what their politicians have thus
far yielded.