00117: Re: WDDM future

From: "M. Kolar" <wddm(at)mkolar.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 18:19:40 -0400
Subject: Re: WDDM future

Jiri Polak writes:
If
some of the original members of the WDDM do not wish to reform it
according to Mirek´s ideas, I suggest that this name could be reserved for
the original version, while the new version might be called e.g. WDDM(r)
or something like that. Personally, I am not interested in formulating
rules. I´ll accept what the majority decides (if it´s acceptable to me).
Sincerely, Jiri

This may not be a bad idea - to avoid unnecessary bad feelings.

Bruce Eggum did big progress with his Wiki Home page - put there hos
perspective on the problems of the old WDDM. I put a link to this
prominently on the WDDM Wiki main page.

I also started a new Project page "Open WDDM widely to everybody?"
It has this initial text (mine):
I am not against allowing anybody to register without prior approval of
their applications.
However, before we do that, we should have clear statements of goals and
guidelines what is acceptable on this site. I think that everybody agrees
that we do not have here anything that would be not compatible with our goal
of promoting DD.
Probably no commercial advertising, no pornography links, no personal
attacks.
Let's formulate this clearly, put it up. I'll then open the registration to
everybody.
After that, we would remove those accounts that are repeatedly, after
initial warnings, clearly violating the posted rules.
WddmAdmin

Mirek

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lee Gottlieb" <acommon1(at)peoplepc.com>