00113: Re: WDDM and WDDF Forum

From: "Bernard Clayson" <bernard-clayson(at)shuartfarm.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 22:02:37 +0100
Subject: Re: WDDM and WDDF Forum

Mirek, you wrote

Which technical means we will be using is not too much important.
I think we really need rather strict procedural rules, that everybody is
willing to observe. Then we should formulate better mission and some goals.
It is not important now what we call ourselves (group, association,
community, ...). We should create a clearer picture of us, so other people
might decide whether to join or not.
For all these we really need somebody (a moderator), who would keep the
discussion organized, and be accepted by everybody. It should be rather soon
somebody else than me. Are there any volunteers? What about Bernard
Clayson??? :-)

(BC) Agree with your comments above, and thanks for the thought regarding
moderator, but I am too heavily involved in local issues to even consider
anything more than occasional comments.
If the group is to achieve anything it will have to be severely monitored to
take out postings that have no relevence to wddm.
Mirek, you are in the driving seat, you will get my support in establishing
the basics of the group, the rest of us can make the democratic choice of
supporting it, or not.
Which ever choice the individuals make, they need to be active with the
people, not leaving it to wddm.
Advocating democracy is an empty shell without the practical experience of
doing it.

Start DOING it.

If it is of any interest, the local issues are:
1. two consultations.
2. Parish Annual Meeting (which will possibly be a reason for another Public
Referendum)
3. Trying to extract information out of the bureaucratic jungle of the
Ministry of Defence.
4. Parliamentary and County elections next month.
No, I am not standing for either, but one old lady of 84 with poor health is
standing for parliament and I have asked if I can be one of her tellers
(counters) to find out if any of the issues I raised when I stood for
council have been corrected.
She has got guts, and agreed (puts us lot to shame), she knows why I want to
go and she will raise hell if it has not been changed, so will I.
The fact that I am declared as a teller will raise the stress level of the
officers after the last election, it will be interesting to see how they
react seeing as I showed them how to run an honest election when I did the
referendum.
Add to that, the postal ballot system was described by a judge as 'being
worthy of a banana republic'.
The government has stated it will review the system ............... after
the election, one new party is trying to get a court order to prevent the
system being used for the election.
5. I may also run another referendum on election day with the options that
will not be on the official ballot paper.

One way or another, 'we live in interesting times' could take on a new
meaning<grin>

Regards
Bernard