00112: Re: files upload

From: "M. Kolar" <wddm(at)mkolar.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 15:04:27 -0600
Subject: Re: files upload

Hi Georges and everybody else interested in File Upload:

Georges wrote:
Please, just have a look at what I uploaded.
Seems no way to upload a simplest html file.
Georges.

No, everything works perfectly OK. your files are there, and I could display
them.
If you refer to the fact that your links in the files still do not work, it
is because they are relative, as I said before. All must be absolute,
because the files stored in this way are not view on the server, but
downloaded to a temporary directory of each visitor's computer.

If you want to link the files in your File Upload directory among
themselves, you also have to use absolute links.
Try this
<a
href="http://www.world-wide-democracy.net/uploads/GeMetanoski/test_a.html";>t
est_a.html</a>

I just created a link to the Wiki uploads outside of Wiki at
http://www.world-wide-democracy.net/uploads/

This is for everybody: if using {{files}} (see e.g. my example at
http://www.world-wide-democracy.net/Wiki/MiUploads) you create an File
Upload menu on a Wiki page called e.g. MyWikiName, and if you upload there
a file called e.g. my_file.html, this file can be referenced (linked, seen)
everywhere on the Internet under the name:

http://www.world-wide-democracy.net/uploads/MyWikiName/my_file.html

It will also still be available for download from the FileUpload menu.
(I am putting all this also on the GettingStarted page).

This is a flexible system, and we are building it on the go, according to th
wishess of the members.

Hope this will help,