00098: Re(1): Relevant emails relating to the Filia Accusations against Eric

From: lpc1998 <lpc1998(at)lpc1998.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 21:36:17 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re(1): Relevant emails relating to the Filia Accusations against Eric

Dear All,

It is up to Filia to maintain or withdraw her accusations against me. I have no say in this.

Now she has confirmed maintaining her accusations against me, but at same time refuses to elaborate or explain her very vague, general accusations, apparently on the ground that I have opportunities to ask for such elaboration or explanation within certain number of hours after she made them, after which she has arbitrarily and unilaterally exercised her personal powers to deny me any such elaboration or explanation.

Okay, it really does not matter to me to suffer such denial as in my view, her accusations in the first place are not only totally groundless, vague and incomprehensible, but also highly emotional. And it is on the latter consideration that I decided not to correspond with her on her accusations because it could further inflame emotions and make matter worse.

Furthermore, as she has already referred the matter to the Network of Woman Organization Advisors for investigation into her allegation of me having committed an act of "contemporary suppression of women by men", she has made further correspondence with her inappropriate, pending the outcome of the investigation. So she has in fact given me no opportunity at all to clarify her accusations, even if I have wanted to.

I was hoping that time could cool things down a little when reason could prevail. As it turned out, I was proven wrong again. She went public with her very serious accussations against me.

Yes, her public accusations are serious and damaging to me, especially her accusation of me being manipulative. This accusation of me being manipulative is completely uncalled for as could be seen from the list of emails included in my previous email.

And after drawing the attention of the WDDM members, she does owe an obligation to them to substantiate her accusations. Failing to do so would reflect her personal standards for making public accusations.

Filia, in order to avoid possible future accusations, it is better for me, henceforth, not to respond to your private messages. If you have anything to say, please post it publicly, especially at WDDM. I shall reply to it, if I have an appropriate response for it.

Best Regards
Eric Lim (lpc1998)

Filia den Hollander <fkdh(at)xs4all.nl> wrote:
Dear Eric and others,

The “blue-ribbons” email I didn’t receive. You can check on the addressees.
Apart from this, I have nothing to add. We have both had our says, so the other people can judge.
My opinion stands. I do think that Eric made a peace-making gesture between Stephen and myself at the cost of me, on top of this he was manipulative and macho. Everything that happened since then confirms this to me. Between my first response to this and now there were several occasions for Eric to investigate what I meant by this. Including this afternoon. All these opportunities were not taken. Now I won’t answer his questions anymore.

If the question is whether I should stay or go, I leave that up to the others. If the issue is whether Eric should stay or go, I’d say: If Eric has to go, I go too.

To me the matter is closed.

Kind regards,
Filia

PS In principle this email is not of Stephen’s concern, for he is not a member of WDDM. But as he was/is involved in all this, I think a cc to him is appropriate.