00068: Re: WDDM Wiki and ... Forum

From: Bruce Eggum <bruce.eggum(at)gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 11:00:03 -0500
Subject: Re: WDDM Wiki and ... Forum

I absolutely agree Leopoldo. We need to use all the tools available to us, each has different uses. Than too, some will prefer Wiki, some will prefer forum. To ignore one or the other would be to ignore those who chose the other. WDDM "goals" is to be available in all ways to offer information about DD to all people. It certainly cannot accomplish that by keeping to one media or method. I like the Forum! I think it is very useful to post information and the information is linked to that subject. Another is newsgroups. Some use only newsgroups. I don't know much about newsgroups, bur sincerely hope some DD activist does and is posting information on DD and WDDM on newsgroups.

I here-by propose that WDDM integrate WDDF as the forum of WDDM.

By making this proposal, we can discuss the pros and cons of this proposed initiative. For instance, we do not know the extent of the "new" WDDM WIKI and how it can be used as a "FORUM". Does WDDM want to link to a forum or begin their own? Whatever WDDM decides, it will not take away from the WDDF Forum.

There is also the question of the purpose of the WDDF. Was it to build a EU Constitution or if it was  to be "global". This is another  fine example of  an  "UN-organized  Organization".  WDDF was "according to George Kokkas" his idea, and he says he is WDDM vice spokesperson in the same breathe as if this were a WDDM idea. I have do not know whose idea it was, but I do know this WDDM group did not discuss it nor did we vote on it. I like the Forum! I think it is very useful to post information and the information is linked to that subject.

Regards, Bruce

pps Did I do a proposal or an Initiative or what word will be used to describe an idea, to be discussed, to become a fact if agreed upon by consensus? I would like a "policy" which describes this and could be used uniformly for all. A policy would also be available in FAQ and to the world so the world could see WDDM is not a dictatorship.

ppps We have just organized and can not yet make decisions etc. These questions are good however as they point to what WDDM needs to consider and make decisions on. We can build a consensus on this proposal in this way.

Regards, Bruce

On 4/16/05, Leopoldo Salgui wrote:
Dear friends,
I check with pleasure a collaborative wiki has been set up at WDDM.

What is the actual status?

There is a wiki user named as "LeSalgui". I am going to register again as
"Leopoldo Salgui", is the wiki operative?

What is the intended policy? In the wiki of Spanish website of Another
Democracy Is Possible every members has "write access" to the wiki. What is
the policy of right access in the WDDM's wiki?

On the other hand, I would like to insist on using the forum. It would be
quite easy to integrate the existing WDDF into the WDDM; for instance a
simple page with a URL redirection could integrate WDDF as the forum of the
WDDM.

Please, feedback sincerely your position about this proposal. In any case, I
will going on supporting and collaborating with the democracy activism.

Regards, leo

--
Support the Troops, Not the WAR-RING
"In sharing, in loving all and everything, one people naturally found a due portion of the thing they sought,

Bruce Eggum, Gresham Wisconsin, USA
http://doinggovernment.com/
Check out my Blog too
http://doinggovernment.blogspot.com/