00019: Re: First proposals

From: "M. Kolar" <wddm(at)mkolar.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 23:10:51 -0600
Subject: Re: First proposals

Ted Becker wrote:
Here is my two cents worth.

Lee Gottlieb wrote:
Mirek,

However, I'm inclined to agree with Professor Becker, although
I believe that, collectively, we possess a little more than $300

Hello!
It's OK with me to go without any rules if most of the members will wish that.

It's however a somewhat ironical situation for me, because I have been trying
since November to reduce the complexity of the rules initially proposed for the
WDDM renewal to a bare minimum.
These initial rules were supposed to be a compromise. These are not the rules
of an organization. They are just procedural rules of interaction between us.
We can of course wait till September and just accept new members and do nothing
in the meantime. And wait for what will be decided (by whom?) at the Prague
meeting. But not everybody can allow to go to Prague. And three days are not
enough to decide everything. Here we have plenty of time to organize ourselves
and perhaps prepare some proposals before September. And everybody could
participate online from their homes.

The initial rules do not claim that we are an organization. But they may be
good procedural rules to arrive at whatever organization (or an association) we
wish to develop, that will be supported by all the people who gathered here.

In any case, the WDDM website needs more development. I want input/approval
from others what material should be placed here, and I would want to get some
consensus from everybody involved. At least for this we need some minimal
procedural rules on how to collect the opinion of all. And then when we have a
good website, we can start doing something right then. To try to put
information about our site and our efforts to whatever media would want to
publish it. We can try to get in the first place into all the web-based
encyclopedia. For example the online magazine Cafe babel I mentioned here
before (in the Global resources) is read by many young people throughout
Europe. And Cafe Babel uses for their references almost exclusively wikipedia.
And wikipedia right now has next to nothing on the real DD we are promoting.