WDDM Home DISCUSSION ON HOW TO PROMOTE DIRECT (TRUE) DEMOCRACY

WDDM Forum : WDDM Goals

Forum for the discussion of the WDDM mission and goals  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage List• New Topic • Search • Log In
WDDM Goals
Posted by: BrEggum (IP Logged)
Date: December 08, 2005 02:41PM

"Our goal is to develop a multilingual Globe-covering network of DD web sites linked to this site"

Bruce Eggum Wisconsin USA
www.doinggovernment.com

Options: Reply To This Message • Quote This Message
Re: WDDM Goals
Posted by: stevemagruder (IP Logged)
Date: July 02, 2006 11:55AM

BrEggum   wrote:
"Our goal is to develop a multilingual Globe-covering network of DD web sites linked to this site"

This generally sounds agreeable as one of WDDM's goals. I would say "websites and offline efforts" and lop off "linked to this site", as that would seem superfluous to "network". And I would try to convey what "DD" actually means as far as what we're going after. The explicit term "direct democracy" has such a specific contemporary definition (initiatives/referendums/recall) that it doesn't seem inclusive enough, although we're certainly interested in I&R (amongst other things).

So, how about this...

"Our main goal is to develop a multilingual globe-covering network of websites and offline efforts committed to enhancing and expanding the democratic philosophy in all walks of life, especially through encouraging more direct democratic processes for public policy decision making."

How does that sound? I'm open to continue discussing here, or working it up in the wiki.

Date: July 02, 2006 12:14PM

If I didn't make it clear, I assume that WDDM will have multiple goals, but certainly, what we're discussing now is certainly what we might call a primary goal.

Steve Magruder - Democracy 2.0 - d2.stevemagruder.com

Date: July 02, 2006 01:05PM

Quite right. We should begin here to discuss various goals. Please everyone, post goals you think important.
BrEggum

www.doinggovernment.com

Date: July 02, 2006 08:15PM

Your suggested goal is a bit of a tongue twister Steve, could you shorten it a bit?

www.doinggovernment.com

Date: July 05, 2006 03:01PM

BrEggum   wrote:
Your suggested goal is a bit of a tongue twister Steve, could you shorten it a bit?

In the spirit of open content, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if you or anyone else took a knife to it.

But I'll take a stab at some reduction:

"Our main goal is to develop a multilingual globe-covering network of websites and offline efforts committed to encouraging more direct democratic processes for public policy decision making."

I just removed a clause from it, but it's definitely more succinct. Not sure if that made it better.

Steve Magruder - Democracy 2.0 - d2.stevemagruder.com

Date: July 05, 2006 04:56PM

Steve, thanks for your attention and action. I changed the WIKI Draft to relflect the changes you suggest. [www.world-wide-democracy.net]

We may need more goals than this one.

Article II
Purpose - The WDDM Mission Statement: WDDM is a worldwide hub for the advocates of Direct Democracy (DD) to exchange information, experience and ideas, and support initiatives from different parts of the world, establish projects, connect, and gather momentum toward implementing direct democracy at every level of political governance, including upcoming global governance.

Goal - "Our main goal is to develop a multilingual globe-covering network of websites and offline efforts committed to encouraging more direct democratic processes for public policy decision making."

www.doinggovernment.com

Date: July 05, 2006 05:15PM

BrEggum   wrote:
Steve, thanks for your attention and action. I changed the WIKI Draft to relflect the changes you suggest. [www.world-wide-democracy.net]

We may need more goals than this one.

Article II
Purpose - The WDDM Mission Statement: WDDM is a worldwide hub for the advocates of Direct Democracy (DD) to exchange information, experience and ideas, and support initiatives from different parts of the world, establish projects, connect, and gather momentum toward implementing direct democracy at every level of political governance, including upcoming global governance.

Goal - "Our main goal is to develop a multilingual globe-covering network of websites and offline efforts committed to encouraging more direct democratic processes for public policy decision making."

Oh yes, we'll definitely need more goals. As I think of ideas, I'll come back to discuss them, or if others bring up ideas, I'd be happy to give feedback.

Regarding this main goal again, I think another change would be good... change "globe-covering" to "global". Says the same thing with fewer characters. smiling smiley

Posted by: WebMaster (IP Logged)
Date: July 18, 2006 06:28PM

I like the change of the Goal statement, I've just put it on the WDDM main page.

webmaster

Get Firefox!       Powered by Phorum.       PHP