WDDM Forum : WDDM Rules

Forum for the discussion and develepment of the WDDM operating rules 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage List• New Topic • Search • Log In
Decision Making Rules
Posted by: BrEggum (IP Logged)
Date: December 11, 2005 08:46PM

Decision Making Rules:

1. Decisions are made collectivelly by all Ordinary Members. Each Ordinary Member has a single vote and each vote has an equal value. Members can choose to vote or not.
2. A proposal (motion) is processed as described in Proposal Submission and Processing section below.
3. When a motion comes to a vote (as recommended/required by the Research Report conclusions), the following rules apply:
1. A motion is immediately rejected and cannot be again tabled for six months if it gets less than 50% of votes of ALL THOSE WHO VOTED.
2. If a motion wins a simple majority of those who voted on it, the result is posted on the site, and ALL ORDINARY WDDM MEMBERS are invited to accept it as a binding decission.
3. If not more than 20% of all ordinary members would object against it within 6 days (or 14 days???), the decision will be considered accepted and binding, and be implemented. In this approval process, if a member will not respond, it will be assumed, that he accepts the decision, and will abide by it.
4. If more than 20% of all members present any objections within 6 (or 14) days, the motion is not implemented unless a 80% consensus of all members is achieved through further discussions, modifications or whatever process will be appropriate.

Options: Reply To This Message • Quote This Message
Re: Decision Making Rules
Posted by: GeoKo (IP Logged)
Date: May 28, 2006 04:05PM

I wish to discuss on this proposal of Bruce, as I basically agree with it !
G.L. Kokkas

Date: May 28, 2006 05:07PM

Dear George,
Glad for your comments. If you see anything you would like different, please feel free to make your suggestions in these comments. Than others will also consider the suggested change and possibly accept it.

ATB Bruce

Bruce Eggum Wisconsin USA
www.doinggovernment.com

Posted by: MiKolar (IP Logged)
Date: May 28, 2006 09:00PM

Re: within 6 days (or 14 days???),

I would prefer longer period than 6 days, at least 10. Otherwise, I have no problem with the rest.

mk, [democracy.mkolar.org]

Date: May 29, 2006 09:01AM

Some do not check email daily, than need time to respond.
Shall we gp with 14 days? We can alter it later if it is not enough.
Regards Bruce

Bruce Eggum Wisconsin USA
www.doinggovernment.com

Get Firefox!       Powered by Phorum.       PHP