WDDM Home DISCUSSION ON HOW TO PROMOTE DIRECT (TRUE) DEMOCRACY

WDDM Forum : How to promote DD?

This forum is dedicated to seeking efficient ways on how to promote and spread DD 
Goto: Forum ListMessage List• New Topic • Search • Log In
Re: Activism needed
Posted by: PVR (IP Logged)
Date: April 25, 2007 02:56AM

I believe that while the concept of Direct Democracy or Partyless Democracy has noble intentions, the idea has to win over the people and create a political space for itself. We have no choice but to compete with the political parties for political space. Fortunately most people are innately good and given the opportunity they would support the ushering in of Direct Democracy. We need to make use of the people's right to make a choice and use it to advantage.

I am suggesting the following mechanism to usher in Direct Democracy in a pro-active manner:
The WDDM can provide a web-based platform open to the general public world-wide, for people to register in favour of Partyless Governance and to interact. The web-site should explain how exactly the mechanism of Partyless Governance would usher in a different kind of politics. In fact every major problem in the world would be solved gradually as explained in my blog [musingsonpartylessdemocracy.blogspot.com] . Three categories of people can ‘register’ and express their support at this web site:
[1] Individuals who believe that ‘Partyless Governance’ can make a big difference to the world. By choosing to ‘register’ at the WDDM they would solemnly resolve (a) to promote the cause of Partyless Governance by whatever means possible at their personal level and (b) to vote either for the best among the independent candidates in every ensuing election (in their nation at the central/state/local level) or to the candidate belonging to the political party which supports the concept of Partyless Governance by registering at the WDDM web-site. Members from the same location/nation can form a forum among themselves on the WDDM platform to promote the cause of Partyless Governance in their region.
[2] Organizations can express support to Partyless Governance by choosing to register at the WDDM. National and International organizations working for the cause of a just, equitable and humane world will find that their cause would be well served by the mechanism of Partyless Governance and the success of WDDM would be in their own interest.
[3] Political parties can express their support to the rationale of Partyless Governance by choosing to register at the WDDM. By doing so they would be enhancing their reputation as a ‘people-first’ party committed to the values of honesty and accountability to the people. Being registered at the WDDM would give an electoral advantage to them among the discerning voters who wish for a better future for all.

The kind of activism I have proposed above is non-confrontationist and would slowly and surely win over the people. My new blog 'Tapping the Spiritual Intelligence' [frompeacetopeace.blogspot.com] explains why this is inevitable.

I hope the members of the WDDM would consider the above proposal and discuss its pros and cons.

PVR

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2007 07:45PM by PVR.

Options: Reply To This Message • Quote This Message
Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message

Subject Views Written By Posted
  Activism needed 1174 mantell 06/29/2006 02:23AM
  Re: Activism needed 462 CommonOne 07/01/2006 02:00AM
  Re: Activism needed 405 PVR 04/25/2007 02:56AM
  Re: Activism needed 378 nicothed 04/30/2007 12:03PM
  Re: Activism needed 384 PVR 04/30/2007 11:11PM
  Re: Activism needed 381 BrEggum 05/26/2007 01:39PM
  Re: Activism needed 394 BrEggum 05/26/2007 01:54PM

Get Firefox!       Powered by Phorum.       PHP