|DISCUSSION ON HOW TO PROMOTE DIRECT (TRUE) DEMOCRACY|
WDDM Executive Board will post all its dealings in this forum for the scrutiny of the members.
I thought the new Board has its immediate work provided by WDDM already. Am I wrong? Mark is a bit ahead of himself in ideas me thinks. Since he seems to not know what to do I offer some starters.
I thought the Board was to:
1. write a mission statement,
2. Write Board Officer job description including Chair person job description, vice Chair person job description, Secretary job description, Treasurer job description.
3. Develop a rotating schedule of officers, generally one year office staggered?
4. Write a I&R Process so people can begin an Initiative to WDDM, to the Board.
5. Write election procedure including posting, length of posting, Election date, closing date etc.
6. Write Board procedures of how meetings will be conducted or adopt a procedure. Roberts Rules or such.
This could get us started on a process that everyone knows and can utilize. Structure provides security in that everyone understands the process and feels secure (comfortable) that all is well and appropriate. People are more likely to participate in activities they know and are comfortable with.
The Board can determine other statues needed for the Charter and/or ask members for input or simply write the Boards united Initiative.
My ideas, the Board runs itself, so if you have other plans do them. I appreciate your time and work. BReggum
Bruce Eggum Wisconsin USA
|Re: Priorities||210||WebMaster||06/10/2007 10:25PM|
|Re: Priorities||219||BrEggum||06/10/2007 10:33PM|
|Re: Priorities||228||BrEggum||06/10/2007 10:27PM|