WDDM Home DISCUSSION ON HOW TO PROMOTE DIRECT (TRUE) DEMOCRACY

WDDM Forum : Proposals and Initiatives

Any member can post here proposals concerning WDDM (its function, mission, goals, organization). 
Goto: Forum ListMessage List• New Topic • Search • Log In
Re: Getting down to action
Posted by: PVR (IP Logged)
Date: September 28, 2007 08:59PM

Dear Roy Daine,
I was suggesting that as far as possible the divisions should be electoral constituencies, since the opinion generated should exert pressure on the elected representative of that area. It is possible that an electoral constituency may coincide with an administrative or geographic division.

An electoral division for the national level (represented by MP in UK, India) may contain several electoral divisions for the state level. An electoral division for the state level may contain several electoral divisions for the local level. The terminologies may differ in different countries. The contemplated platform should contain at least divisions up to the state level. Further divisions at the local level can be added later if possible.

Another thing I want to say is that those expressing their opinion on the platform would be doing so for common good. Identifying themselves by their name/user name and electoral area should be a minimum requirement. I think if one is serious about wanting a True Democracy one should be bold enough to stand by his/her views, in the event of being questioned by the ruling power of the day. The opinions are for common good and within the fundamental right of expression, which I believe exists in most democracies.

I think the situation is not that bad as to fear even to express one's views. It could get worse if we do not express ourselves and work for True Democracy since the governments may soon become totally controlled by business interests. Expression of one's views which is at variance with those of business interests may then be considered as 'disturbing the public peace'.

PVR

Options: Reply To This Message • Quote This Message
Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message

Subject Views Written By Posted
  Getting down to action 1186 PVR 09/25/2007 07:27PM
  Re: Getting down to action 597 koikaze 09/27/2007 07:18AM
  Re: Getting down to action 617 RoyDaine 09/27/2007 10:56AM
  Re: Getting down to action 557 PVR 09/28/2007 08:59PM
  Re: Getting down to action 535 RoyDaine 09/29/2007 02:11AM
  Re: Getting down to action 572 RoyDaine 09/27/2007 06:47AM

Get Firefox!       Powered by Phorum.       PHP