WDDM Home DISCUSSION ON HOW TO PROMOTE DIRECT (TRUE) DEMOCRACY

WDDM Forum : Proposals and Initiatives

Any member can post here proposals concerning WDDM (its function, mission, goals, organization). 
Goto: Forum ListMessage List• New Topic • Search • Log In
Re: Getting down to action
Posted by: RoyDaine (IP Logged)
Date: September 27, 2007 06:47AM

Hi PVR,
As far as I am aware, the various 'categories' available at myverdict.net in which questions are posted, are not geographical areas but countries and their administrative divisions. In the UK, for instance, some of the home countries have legislative power, though not England. At the county level, there is confusion. There are counties, metropolitan counties, and unitary authorities. Some counties are used geographically but are not administrative divisions. Some cities/towns are unitary authorities but have the powers of a county. Merseyside, for example, is split into metropolitan districts. These districts are split into wards which each have a councillor.
Mps, who represent us in parliament have constituencies. These however overlap council wards. The system is anything but straightforward.
At present, at myverdict, the UK user has access to the following 'categories. International, National, Home Country, County(or its equivalent) and local authority district. MPs have been asked to contribute on questions where they could reasonably be expected to provide an opinion. ie. On international and national questions.

When I loaded my database, I did so with regard to administrative divisions, those areas of a country that had representation. They may or may not coincide with geographical divisions. Many countries go down to second administrative division level.

Is this, PVR, the kind of platform you require or am I misunderstanding. I am trying to accomodate everybody's ideas in the re-design, so any feedback is welcome.
Best
Roy.

Options: Reply To This Message • Quote This Message
Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message

Subject Views Written By Posted
  Getting down to action 1186 PVR 09/25/2007 07:27PM
  Re: Getting down to action 597 koikaze 09/27/2007 07:18AM
  Re: Getting down to action 617 RoyDaine 09/27/2007 10:56AM
  Re: Getting down to action 558 PVR 09/28/2007 08:59PM
  Re: Getting down to action 536 RoyDaine 09/29/2007 02:11AM
  Re: Getting down to action 572 RoyDaine 09/27/2007 06:47AM

Get Firefox!       Powered by Phorum.       PHP