WDDM Home DISCUSSION ON HOW TO PROMOTE DIRECT (TRUE) DEMOCRACY

WDDM Forum : Global Democracy

Forum for global issues (world-wide democracy/government, world citizenship) 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage List• New Topic • Search • Log In
I&R decisions & Referendums
Posted by: BrEggum (IP Logged)
Date: July 17, 2006 02:54PM

Too many issues?

WDDM Members form a single community of people with interchanging roles, who have gathered together to promote global DD or true democracy - a system of government in which the people, being sovereign, have the final say on all matters at all levels of government, from the local community level up to the world-wide level.

Have you taken the time to consider the above,of how many issues people would be voting on a day
-- MartinJackson (2006-07-15 19:40:06)

Thanks for the comment Martin. This of course is WDDM Goals and is to promote various types of DD. Each Nation, Community will have to develop their own DD process if they choose to.

I assume your comment is how people can have FINAL SAY in “ALL decisions.” First I must emphasize it says FINAL SAY. This means the people have the right to change, delete any item which has been approved, established. If Parliament makes a poor rule, the FINAL SAY is for the people to delete it.

Elections may be held in each Nation, Community on these issues; however it is likely there will always be some form of Republican system.

On your Blog; [realitypoliticsgoodgovernment.blogspot.com]
you have a link to the Personality page which shows the many, many different types of people we are.
[www.personalitypage.com]

We have different abilities, some financial, some political, some mechanical, some health, etc. We also have very different views and choose differently. Because of this we each do what we naturally do best. That is how many different think tanks; even those opposing each other have developed. There will always be differing opinions and ideas. To sort through these, we now use a republican form of government with Parliament or Congress etc. The better ideas (wishful thinking on better) are written out to be considered to be made policy or law of a Nation. This sorting out is always needed.

The people, using their specialties have the power now with internet to group and define their ideas and suggestions. This is not limited to “politics”. Electrical people know about sustainable energy and their ideas are needed. Health professionals can help develop health care. Social Services can develop better ways to assist people to help themselves. This is the “beginning” of proposals. Once completed, these people must “sell” their proposal to the people and if enough choose to support the proposal, it may be submitted for referendum.

This process reduces the many issues to basic structure where they may be dealt with individually. Now, once condensed to a proposal the people can consider and choose to implement the proposal, re-write it or delete it.

This “Republican” method using Parliament / Congress is similar to “Networking” in the cyber world. Obviously most of these issues are not “day to day” and may take a year or more in the making. Voting on these matters could be annual or semi-annual at the present polling stations.

Presently, if a “Global” matter were to be voted upon, each nation, community would hold election on that issue and the results tabulated for an entire world decision. Software is being developed for this too.

If a government were to adopt Aki’s method of people deciding all issues, I suggest they would need to boil down and perfect the solution before any decision could be made. Aki suggests using telephone and bank type software for each person to have a “vote”. However these too can be wrought with fraud so there is that danger. [www.abolish-power.org]

I will post your useful comment on Forum in Global Democracy under elections. BrEggum

Bruce Eggum Wisconsin USA
www.doinggovernment.com

Options: Reply To This Message • Quote This Message
Re: I&R decisions & Referendums
Posted by: WebMaster (IP Logged)
Date: July 18, 2006 06:16PM

Also copying here from Wiki my response to Martin:

Martin,
At present a few hundred people (members of parliament) in every country make all decisions on all issues and are supposed to be experts on all issues. They are not! They have to rely on various advisers, and most probably very often they simply make the laws not in such a way as to accommodate the interests of all the citizens as best as possible, but only the interests of their social group and of those people/groups that are able to buy access to them. This is not a democracy.

So the important thing is that EVERYBODY has a right to voice one's opinion and participate in decision making (voting) on all issues at all times. Not everybody will be able to use this right at all times, simply because people have to live their lives, are sometimes fully absorbed in their work or personal problems. And people have different priorities in different stages of their lives. But I believe that at any given moment there will be many more people in a given community/country that is the number of their present legislators, who will take time to research a particular issue (because they are directly affected by it, it is their hobby, passion, profession, they are experts on this issue, ...), and be able to make a qualified decision on it. A decision make in such a way must be on average much better than that made by the present parliamentarians.
Consequently, there should be no minimum participation requirement on any vote (referendum) in such a system in which everybody can vote on everything.
This is the system we should definitely strive for - the final goal of the DD movement.
-- MiKolar

webmaster

Re: I&R decisions & Referendums
Posted by: BrEggum (IP Logged)
Date: February 26, 2007 09:19AM

There is more to governing than making decisions. There must be a body to implement and monitor the actions decided upon. I prefer an elected body, because they can be recalled etc.

Using I&R, the people can make these decisions and they can decide what decisions they want to make. Over site with I&R may be all that is needed and perhaps as much as the people will involve themselves.

Again, this is not "our" decision. We can provide alternatives and the people can choose their desired method.
Bruce Eggum

Bruce Eggum Wisconsin USA
www.doinggovernment.com

Get Firefox!       Powered by Phorum.       PHP